Family Voices is a national family-led organization of families and friends of children and youth with special health care needs (CYSHCN) and disabilities. We connect a network of family organizations across the United States that provide support to families of CYSHCN. We promote partnership with families at all levels of health care–individual and policy decision-making levels—in order to improve health care services and policies for children.
- Social Justice and the promotion of health equity.
- Authentic family-centered care recognizes the family as the center of a child's life and as an equal partner in decision-making about all aspects of the child's care.
- Effective family/professional partnerships at the local, state, and national levels.
- Inclusion and connection of underserved families representing the cultural, linguistic, and geographic diversity of the population.
- Connected and informed family leaders and youth leaders as powerful change agents.
- Children and youth with special needs and their families becoming empowered self-advocates.
- Family engagement in prevention, health, and well in clinical and community settings.